Monday, February 14, 2011

Trip Time!

The boys and I traveled to the largest city I've ever been to in my entire life for a fun conference. I'm going to give you a quick rundown of the best parts of the trip . . . .
-HANDS DOWN the best shower I've had in 1 year 1 month and 2 days - shower head tall enough to cover me, hot water and fantastic water pressure. It wasn't just me either, people were discussing the fantastic-ness of the showers all week long!
-Old friends and new ones!

-Store across the street from the hotel is a new venture by . . . wait for it. . . WAL MART. We had a snack just about every afternoon from this store - mine was a Diet Pepsi and a Snickers bar. YUM. The boys had Gatorade and an assortment of junk to go with it - Tic Tacs, Oreos, etc. The receipt looked so much like a Wal Mart receipt that it was weird to look at it and see another currency listed!
-Jon Thomas took a standardized test, and he is completely, 100% on grade level in everything (and even above grade level in several areas). It gives the parental units great relief to know that he is progressing normally, even though he has has three completely different methods of schooling over the last year and a half!
-It just would not be an appropriate 'Carrie traveling post' if I didn't mention the food that we consumed - let's see 1)McDonalds 2) Pizza Hut 3) KFC. Just sayin'.
-Had a great time at a GINORMOUS mall where I found the following: Maybelline mascara, Nerds candy, bicycle helmets (totally unheard of here), NERF gun bullets, a place where you could stick you feet in and have mini-piranha like fish eat off the dead skin (didn't do it but sooo will next time), a play place for the kids, a movie in 3D. All of that together = one awesome day with my kiddos!
-Couldn't leave you without my favorite photo from the week:

3 comments:

Kimpossible said...

That photo of JT with his hand around back is killing me.

Kathryn Taylor said...

Get it, JT!

Jerry Sims said...

This is so funny. I just could not keep from laughing. Hope our friends are there and recovering from the jet lag. I sure am gald you and the boys had so much fun. So needed that!!!!!