Saturday, September 10, 2011

About Food . . .

Have you ever turned on your oven, smelled something burning and wondered what in the world you spilled in there?  I had this thought for about two weeks, every time I turned on the oven.  For some reason, I was always involved in other tasks when this thought crossed my mind, so I didn't check in the oven.  Yesterday, I was baking some rolls in the oven.  They looked so yummy and delicious and smelled even better. 
When I opened the oven to put the second pan in on the bottom rack, here's what I saw: 

Yes, those are the last three rolls of a big batch I baked 10 days ago.  Seriously, I apparently just forgot they were in there.  In all fairness, the pan is dark AND they were in the back of the oven.  But those little guys were harder than bricks and had been baked a minimum of four times.  YIKES.  Even my dog ran away from them.

In other food news, we received these in a package from home: 

Who knew a little ground up corn, butter, salt and boiling water could make a concoction so heavenly? 

No comments: