On Good Friday, we hosted a traditional, 'American'ish Easter party. We've really enjoyed learning about the culture and holidays traditions of our new neighbors and friends, so we decided to treat them to a little of our culture. Although we didn't use traditionally dyed eggs for an egg hunt, we did use nicely colored eggs baked out of homemade salt dough. The kids really had a great time at the egg hunt. We also did a fantastic craft project that corresponded to our telling of the Easter story told from beginning to end in two languages. I think the kids had a blast and really enjoyed hearing the story behind the Easter holiday!
3 comments:
great outreach guys, we are thinking about a great outcome
This must have been right up your alley because you're such a good party-planner. And what a great idea! Keep sowing those seeds.
Okay, so , I can see your "jazz hands" to the right of the picture and I can just see the expression on your face, as you get excited about telling a story. I am sure it was a party everyone will remember. Did you give everyone a job??
Post a Comment