Monday, March 8, 2010

Random Thoughts I Thunk

Since we began our second three week language intensive four days ago, my mind is pretty much mush. Therefore, this post will contain only a few coherent sentences. The rest will be a pile of randomness about things going on in our life.


#1 - I love elderly people. Always have. I think it started when I visited the nursing home every week in 9th and 10th grades. A sweet 85 year old man taught me how to crochet there. So, it's good that I like elderly people because sometimes during the day, those are the only people around for me to practice my language on. HOWEVER, I find it extremely difficult to understand the older people around here ESPECIALLY the ones with no teeth. It really puts a hamper on my ability to hear what they are saying. Go figure.

#2 - My washing machine plays music when it is finished with washing my clothes. There is a selection of about four songs that it cycles through. Today, when the electricity went off during the wash cycle AND the dry cycle AND the spin cycle (making it take 8 hours for one load of laundry) I was NEVER so glad to hear that little song chiming from my washer in all my days here!

#3 - Of all the foods that I love and thought I would miss, I had an intense hankering for a sandwich the other day. Sliced bread, turkey, mayo and mustard. Not happening here though.

#4 - My hair has gotten slightly long enough to put it up in a ponytail. Mind you, it's a REALLY tiny ponytail, but on the first 90 degree day here, it was nice.


#5 - Today I saw a welcome mat that didn't say 'welcome' it said 'HALLO'. I see the funniest stuff when I don't have my camera.

1 comment:

Kimpossible said...

I love this kinda stuff ... keep it coming.