So thus far in our journey, I have successfully been able to ignore the fact that people stare at us ALL THE TIME. Some people want to touch us - usually this only happens to the children, but sometimes old ladies grab my hands or touch my face and say how smooth my skin is. I have handled this beautifully (if I do say so myself). However, this week has been a bit different. It all started when I took Charlie down to the 'butter store" (AKA the place where we buy milk, butter and yogurt). While we were walking a man literally stopped his motorcycle in the middle of the road to stare at us (and it isn't because I'm good looking). It made me so annoyed that since then, I've had a hard time NOT saying, "yes, we're white. move on." BUT then I remember that I wanted to come here to live and I work on getting a better attitude.
Better news is that the painters are started to paint the inside of our house TOMORROW! We are so excited to be moving in. I have to go down to the tailor shop soon and order curtains because as per above, I need some privacy! :)
4 comments:
Where are you at? I try to follow what's happening in Jonathan's life since we use to work together. I try to follow the threads, but all I can tell is that you might be somewhere in Asia. Anyways, I wish your family well.
Jeremy L.
Hey Jeremy, good to hear from you. We are in South Asia. Send me an email sometime, I think Cynthia still has my gmail address.
Carrie - love reading all of this! You do have beautiful skin, you know! :)
Guys, I'm so happy to hear your stories; it reminds me so much of when I was in your shoes. Keep them coming; I'm remembering y'all. Who Dat!
Post a Comment