Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving, DC, pirates and vitamins

Apparently, there's a lot to learn about this new job of ours that makes necessary eight weeks of training. Don't get me wrong, it's FANTASTIC training; however, because I don't really sit still all that well, it's hard. When you neither sit still well or be quiet well, it's REALLY hard. BUT we're in the home stretch! Less than two weeks to go, and then we'll go home for the holidays. Can't wait!

We had Thanksgiving here at the training facility. It was quite a nice afternoon with just the four of us hanging out together.
After lunch family portrait

Flying contraptions made of styrofoam can actually travel quite far. Sorry to all of you who are currently thinking that it's going to be in a landfill for 300,000 years. It was great Thanksgiving afternoon fun!

If you could see the freckles on this kid's nose, you'd want to smooch him all over his face just like I do.
After airplane flying and face smooching, there was a lengthy session of rock skipping. This is one of the reasons I love having little boys. Rock throwing is a main event that can last for half a day!



The day after Thanksgiving, we took a trip into Washington, D.C. It was freeing and windy ALL DAY, but it only rained/sleeted for about an hour of the time. While we were trying to thaw out, we ducked into the nearest Smithsonian and went through the transportation exhibit. There was a section about Blackbeard the Pirate. In the display were some of the objects recovered from his ship including a clear, pharmaceutical-looking capsule filled with gold dust. C saw it and said, "Mom, is that one of Blackbeard's vitamins?" Yes, it was. He took them specifically to prevent scurvy! They were probably the Ultimate 10 Probiotics we take from Vitamin Shoppe. PRICELESS!


We just happened upon the White House as the horse dawn carriage was delivering the White House Christmas tree. It was really neat to see. The boys liked the part where they searched the tree for explosives AND the fact that there were four snipers on the roof. We assumed that the pres, wife and kids were going to come out and inspect the tree, but we didn't see them.

It was COLD!

3 comments:

Kimpossible said...

I love this post. It's so YOU. I especially like the props given to rock skipping and the bomb-in-the-tree search. Classic.

Kimpossible said...

p.s. I'm guessing the capsule was more akin to colloidal silver, which by the way I haved successfully used to treat warts! I guess Blackbeard was neither a scurvy nor warty pirate.

Dana said...

I can feel that DC cold from your description. It can be frigid!

Hang in there for your last two weeks of training!!