What a month! I can't believe we are reaching the end of August! There seems to be so much left to do before the move. So much, in fact, that I cannot bear even to make a list of it all - which says a lot since I LOVE lists. Doesn't it give you so much satisfaction to write stuff down on a list AND then mark it off when it's completed?
We pulled out of New Orleans on August 9th - exactly one year and one day after we moved in! We had a sweet fanfare of friends hugging and waving until the very last second. It was nice. When we arrived at Mom's, we barely had time to get settled when we started getting ready for my grandmother's 90th birthday celebration. There are no photos of this lovely day because I left my camera in my sister's car, so the candid photos I so painstakingly captured are currently in Jackson, MS. I think I baked and decorated something like 385 mini-cupcakes in three flavors! It was actually a lot of fun playing bakery, except for the fact that I made myself sick eating too much cream cheese icing. During the week, we also celebrated Jonathan's 35th birthday and my nephew's birthday.
At the end of the week, we pulled out to go to Huntsville, AL. We still have some things in storage there that need dispersing, and we wanted to see all our sweet friends before the move. We are staying here until the first of September, and we are having a blast. Jonathan finally finished his LAST paper for school (WOOOHOOOO), and we are having some great family time AND getting to see some of our favorite people! It's like a two-for-one package deal - WHAT A BARGAIN!
We've got lots more on tap, so stay tuned. You'll be on the edge of your seats! :)
1 comment:
We move tomorrow and I never want to see another box. Too bad we all have to move twice in the next 5 months.
Looking forward to seeing you in Jacksonville and getting overloaded with more information to make lists about! Woo hoo.
Post a Comment