WOW! Spring has been a really busy time for us. I didn't expect it to turn out that way because we aren't playing any sports or really doing anything extra. But if you know me, you know I enjoy being busy and having things to do. I DON'T like to be bored! It's turned out to be a fun time!
The week after Easter, we said, "goodbye" to the crew of the Norweigan Spirit. We actually got to go on the ship and see them off. I forgot that I took my camera until we were almost done with the day, but I did manage to get a few good shots.

We spent some of our time in the crew mess during their dining time. The boys were able to pass out small gifts for the crew, which they loved doing! Above, Jon Thomas is saying farewell to one of our good friends.
These are our friends from Barbados (L-R: Clifford, Anthony, Earl). They had to work (aka play) for the oncoming passengers during our time on the ship, so we didn't get to talk to them much. However, we did find out that Anthony's father had passed away that morning. We have been praying for him and his loss.We also go to have lunch on the ship!!! YUM YUM! We went to the buffet. I just need to say that there was an ENTIRE 8 foot countertop devoted only to various breads! I could've just eaten that and been completely satisfied, but I did manage to venture over to the table containing nothing but cheesecake! It's been two weeks since they left, and we are suffering from withdrawals not seeing them each week.
My mom came for a visit to watch the kids while Jonathan and I went to a weekend homeschooling convention. We had a good time together and enjoyed the conference. I learned a lot about curriculum and how I want to structure 'school time' around our house. We also heard Gov. Jindal speak, and I was very impressed with him. He was unabashedly Christian and had some very progressive ideas. I think I would support him in a run for the White House in a few years! Before we actually left for the conference, we took Meme to the aquarium.

Charlie captured the moment for us in his first foray into photography.
JT also got a turn with the camera! Charlie looks thrilled, huh?After the aquarium, we went to have beignets! As you can tell from below, it was a huge hit!



Please pray for us over the next week or so. Jonathan and I leave Monday for our big trip to Richmond. We'll be gone a week. My mom will have the kids, so please pray that they will be well behaved and safe while we leave them. Also pray for Jonathan and me as we go through yet another round of interviews and meetings. Just another step on this journey. Should be a great time.
1 comment:
Thanks for the updates, I've missed hearing about your adventures. I wish I could've had beignets with you! We will certainly be praying that all goes well in Richmond. Miss you tons!!
Post a Comment