Friday, May 22, 2009

Middle O' May - a strange combination of happenings.

Some peaceful scenes from our trip to Virginia. It was a GREAT time for Jonathan and I. There were lots of meetings and tons of information, but no TVs or other distractions. We had time to walk and talk AND I didn't have to cook any meals, wash any clothes or bathe anyone other than myself.
Here's the end of the year homeschool program. Dr. Jeff Riley (one of the profs here) presented each student with their end of the year certificate. Charlie is glaringly absent from this photo because Dr. Riley's robe was a bit too much for him! Jon Thomas is officially done with Kindergarten and ready for 1st grade! Charlie is getting ready for Pre-K!

Here's JT after his first karate belt test! He went from a white belt to a while with yellow stripe belt!


For MONTHS, Jon Thomas has begged us to get him a tie for church so he can be like his dad. I have put him off for many reasons - a) I'm really sad that he is even old enough to want to wear a tie b) I really try not to dress my 6-year-old like a 40-year-old man and c) did I mention I don't like that he is 6 already? Anyway, we finally gave in and bought a red dinosaur tie. I think he looks really sharp. Charlie is now anxiously awaiting his 6th birthday because that's the time when you are old enough to wear a tie. Until then, he's stuck with a collared shirt and vest!


No comments: