Shamefully overdue, I know.
We had a TERRIFIC Easter weekend around the Spears house. It started with the dying of the Easter eggs. I loved dying Easter eggs as a kid, and my kids certainly follow in my footsteps. Except, dying fresh, brown eggs is just not the same experience as dying pristine, white, antibiotic laced eggs from the good ol' US of A. The eggs mostly turned out to be army greenish in color. But that didn't stop my kids from having a BLAST dying them and using stickers and rubber bands to make designs all over them for dying!
The afternoon of Good Friday, we hosted the 2nd annual Spears Easter Egg Hunt. It was a huge success. We had about 15 kids and some parents come over and join in for the fun. First we shared the Easter story with all the kids (from the Jesus Storybook Bible - which I HIGHLY recommend), and then we did an Easter craft. Not just any craft, mind you, but one where I employed the free-for-all usage of glitter glue. This is S-E-R-I-O-U-S business at our house. When the glitter glue comes out - you'd better watch out!
Then came the real fun - hunting Easter eggs. A couple of older kids from our neighborhood stopped by our gate to check out what all the kids were doing. Well, in all truthfulness, LOTS of people stopped by our gate to check out what we were doing. It was practically an audience for a three ring circus. Anyway, our young friends looks at Jonathan and says, 'Why are your children playing with eggs?' We got a pretty good laugh, and a chance to explain one of our fun (and meaningful) traditions to him and his friends.
On Saturday, we had a family day of hanging around the house and playing around. I LOVE those days - when there's absolutely NOTHING on the calendar. Then on Sunday, we had a family Easter celebration, and I made the family tremendously happy by serving the 'clone of a cinnabon' recipe for breakfast. (can be found at allrecipes.com-YUM). Easter 2011 was a huge hit!
No comments:
Post a Comment