We managed to make it to this country with 14 bags, 4 carry on suitcases and 4 carry on backpacks. Among all those possessions was NOT a nativity for the Christmas season. We packed in our copies of 'The Grinch Who Stole Christmas', 'The Night Before Christmas' and 'A Charlie Brown Christmas', but somehow escaped without a nativity. I know, that's really pretty bad. HOWEVER, we spent the past two days making our very own nativity. All the family pitched in, and it was a lot of fun. A couple of weeks ago for Thanksgiving, we made Indians out of toilet paper rolls, so I figured we could fashion any sort of person out of one. Above is the final result. 8 toilet paper roll people, one construction paper Jesus, three construction paper animals, one used ink cartridge box manger, actual straw from our yard and a cereal box stable. It definitely captures the essence of the season.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in him.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
What Child is This
We managed to make it to this country with 14 bags, 4 carry on suitcases and 4 carry on backpacks. Among all those possessions was NOT a nativity for the Christmas season. We packed in our copies of 'The Grinch Who Stole Christmas', 'The Night Before Christmas' and 'A Charlie Brown Christmas', but somehow escaped without a nativity. I know, that's really pretty bad. HOWEVER, we spent the past two days making our very own nativity. All the family pitched in, and it was a lot of fun. A couple of weeks ago for Thanksgiving, we made Indians out of toilet paper rolls, so I figured we could fashion any sort of person out of one. Above is the final result. 8 toilet paper roll people, one construction paper Jesus, three construction paper animals, one used ink cartridge box manger, actual straw from our yard and a cereal box stable. It definitely captures the essence of the season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My co-workers wanted to know why I was laughing hysterically out loud. FEAR NOT. Love it. You have GOT to read _A Prayer for Owen Meany._
I love it so much!!!! What a fun, personal touch. YOu guys did a great job. We also did some toilet paper people at Thanksgiving. Your nativity is so cool!!!
Now I feel a little guilty for having bought manger scenes in Uganda, Kenya, and now Tanzania! I think I'm starting a collection...
Post a Comment