Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Media

I've longed to compile this list for you for several months and am just now getting around to doing it. We don't have a TV here, so the newspaper is our only source of information. We subscribe to an English language daily newspaper. It regularly has us in stitches. I have compiled a list of a couple of article titles, just to give you a little glimpse. Some of them I have put in blanks where proper names should go. This is not a collection over several months either, this is in the last couple of weeks. Hope you think these are as funny as we do . . . .
  1. ___ to send rethink letter to ______
  2. A meaty blow: is eating meat worth the risk of contracting the mad cow?
  3. US scientist, wifey charged with peddling nuke secrets
  4. KMC rip-off can of worms opens
  5. ___ whets penal knife for ___
  6. Tarts leave bad taste in public mouth
  7. Taking trash to cooking gas high
  8. No ifs and buts, say _______
  9. Corporate cats globetrot
  10. Arms supply gang's goose gets cooked.
  11. Political group #1 has Political group #2 by the short hairs.

Seriously. Even better would be if I wrote a synopsis of what the articles were ACTUALLY about, because sometimes that makes it even funnier!

No comments: