Sunday, July 4, 2010

Yes, we know it's been awhile

As much as possible, we've tried to keep you updated on all our goings on, but so much has been going on and our internet access has been sketchy. 'Nuf said. Here's the abbreviated version of all our happenings.
-We came to this new city and were able to get set up in a house IN A SUBDIVISION (read: with SIDEWALKS AND LANDSCAPING) - yes, I'm serious. It also has a playground nearby which has been wonderful for the boys. The city is fun with a swimming pool, water park and mall available. We've been having a great time here. The little shop that I visit for groceries carries lots of imported items and the other day I found DORITOS! Shhhhhh...... it's a secret because I bought them, took them home and hid while eating them so I wouldn't have to share. They also have DIET COKE in a bottle. It's so much nicer than Coke Light. Needless to say, the transition was not SO bad to this new environment. We have been blessed. Jonathan and the kids are having fun too. I mean, they get the playground and Dominoes Pizza. I'm not the only one having all the fun here!
-For my needed medical procedures, we went to a REALLY BIG city. The hospital experience was okay. The hospital was clean and nice - had no concerns in that area. It was just a difficult time, and it's hard for people to show you empathy in something other than their mother tongue. The procedure was pretty quick and thus far, I am physically recovering quite nicely. Emotionally, we are still dealing with the aftereffects of loss.
-When we returned to our new digs, we had some wonderful distractions in that we had several friends we knew from training come in for a visit. It was AWESOME to see them and reconnect. The kids also got to see lots of their friends, and they had a GREAT time at the waterpark, playground, arcade and pool with their old pals. It was also an awesome time for the adults to catch up, share funny experiences from life in a new culture AND encourage one another.
-We're still waiting on our paperwork situation to clear up. Waiting with much patience! :) Hopefully, we'll have good news sometime this week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the comment about Doritos!! Still praying for your family!!

Stevens Family said...

Praying for you guys, love you and glad you found Doritos. A little jealous about Domino's pizza though