Charlie had a great day and a great time being the center of attention! The cake was yummy but pitiful in appearance. Electricity was extremely sketchy during the week before Charlie's birthday, so I was feeling excited just to get the cake baked in my electric oven. So I felt that using the mixer to make various batches of buttercream frosting was asking for a bit too much! Anyway, the cake had chocolate icing and a big ol' #5 candle. We also celebrated with veg momo's, simosas, ladus (spelling?), chips and squash (which is a kool-aidesque sort of drink)! YUM, YUM, YUM! Our party was extremely international with all game instructions being given in English, Hindi, Nepali and German, but we stuck to good ol' American birthday party games like pin the tail on the donkey, egg in a spoon race, balloon popping relay race, etc. Everyone was laughing and seemed to have a nice time. I was proud of my first party attempt here in South Asia!
3 comments:
Nothing like that 1st american party overseas. Tell C we said srechan rogendan.
It is great to see the boys adjusting. Tell Chalie "Happy Birthday" and tell him Jack, Thomas, and Andrew say "Hello".
I'm so proud of you! You are one heck of a momma! My poor child didn't even get a party (and I had all the electricity I could handle). He really didn't even seem to notice. We did have a "family" one and he "got to go" to my grandparents for the weekend- with all of us..... oh well.
You are doing great!
Post a Comment