Let's just sit back and unwind.
Which is EXACTLY what Jonathan and I did during our 4-day cruise to Cozamel! It was a wonderful, wonderful time! I took a 2+ hour nap EVERY DAY on the king sized bed (we have a full size here in NOLA) after eating the chocolate left on my pillow by Mon and his crew. Upon awakening, I would wander lazily down to the dining room where two very lovely gentlemen named Prasong and Damrong handled the dinner arrangements. Then I sashayed right on into the entertainment prepared specifically for me each night. AHHHHHH, the life. Everyone needs four days like this at least once a year.
Which is EXACTLY what Jonathan and I did during our 4-day cruise to Cozamel! It was a wonderful, wonderful time! I took a 2+ hour nap EVERY DAY on the king sized bed (we have a full size here in NOLA) after eating the chocolate left on my pillow by Mon and his crew. Upon awakening, I would wander lazily down to the dining room where two very lovely gentlemen named Prasong and Damrong handled the dinner arrangements. Then I sashayed right on into the entertainment prepared specifically for me each night. AHHHHHH, the life. Everyone needs four days like this at least once a year.
However, I should rewind a bit. We went to the Battling Barges fireworks on the MS River for the 4th. Charlie held his ears from the time we got there until most of the show was over. Just so you know, we arrived AT LEAST an hour before it started! Mostly Charlie just sat with his ears covered!


Sadly, sadly, sadly I once AGAIN forgot my camera when we went on the frogging adventure for Spears Family Fun Friday (even though it occurred on a Saturday this time). Boo hoo. The overall experience was great! A park ranger took us on a bayou hike at dusk/night. The only damper in our evening was that Charlie thought the swamp monster he has heard so much about here in Louisiana was going to come get us. So, he rode on his daddy's shoulders so that the monster would eat him last. We caught only one frog, but saw a ton! AND we got to shine our lights out in the bayou and could see the red eye shine of the alligators! It was awesome and made a great addition to our nature notebook.
Since I don't have any of the pictures from when my children were identifying the frog they caught with the park ranger, I added some general school pictures instead. I am IN LOVE with the curriculum stuff we are using this year! I am also in love with the fact that Jonathan is teaching the math part now. It is so nice and gives me a little more freedom in planning the other subjects.
Cave paintings from our study of nomadic people settling the Fertile Crescent.
Speaking of nomads-in 18 days, we will officially enter a period of nomadic living ourselves. We are leaving NOLA to visit family and friends in MS, AL, FL and GA until mid-October. I'm trying soooo hard to remember the carefree days aboard ship whilst I puruse, purge and pack!
1 comment:
you are so on the ball! I wanted to teach Jonathan a few things this summer, and all I have managed to do is teach him how to set the table, make spag. sauce, and we spent one day on measurement. When are you coming thru GA?
Post a Comment