Monday, June 15, 2009

Salvaged.

In the end, our week in Mississippi was not all bad. We managed several fun events before and after the dreaded sickness (which was the WORST one we've ever had).



We attended a fun 1st birthday party for our cousin Grant! He had ponies! Now we have had some superb birthday fun in the past, but never as cool as ponies! Between the horse and the pint sized ORV - heaven. This was a pre-sickness event!

Post sickness fun included a trip to Dunn's Falls on the Chunky River. I had not been there since my teen years, so we decided we needed a little adventure to end our week. This part of the river had a pretty little waterfall and a tour of an old grist mill for the bargain basement price of $1.50 per person. Included in this little day trip was hiking (complete with tick removal), history, playing on the river and up close and personal with a waterfall!



While I was rolling up Charlie's shorts for river play, I felt something in his pockets. These are the cookies I pulled out. Three per pocket. He said he just felt that he should bring a little snack along.
After all the river fun, we went to my dad's for a fish fry. Lots of family fun including a rousing game of horseshoes that I did not get any pictures of. However, Jon Thomas got a special surprise which was a baseball straight in the kisser. The next morning, his remaining front tooth fell out and he is now sporting a new look . . . No front teeth is a pretty cute look on this kid!


Now we're back in New Orleans for a few days before we are taking off on another adventure to Jackson! After that, the Spears summer is going to be over and school for everyone is going to begin again!

No comments: