From the homeschool front, everyone involved continues to make progress (especially me)! I am slowly but surely sorting out how and when to incorporate games and fun stuff in our school day! Jon Thomas continues to exceed my expectations, and Charlie is trying new things each week. I know that the picture in your head is one of me sitting (much in the way of Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music) quietly instructing my children as they stare adoringly at me. You would be exactly CORRECT (about 1.5% of the time). The kids sometimes reject the ideas that I have about how 'school' should be (AKA they complain, grumble and whine), and we continually do new and different things to combat this issue. BUT I have not even THOUGHT about or THREATENED to send them to public school this week, which I think is progress! :)

We also met with our two 'adopted' international students this past Saturday. It was wonderful. We have two guys who are both from Nepal. A and P are the sweetest things, and A really enjoyed playing with the kids. We are hoping to see them again very soon. They said they want to cook a traidtional Nepalese meal for us - YIKES - SPICY. I hope I'm up for it!
Jonathan continues to be a superman juggling work, school and us so well! He is getting a little stressed as midterm rolls around, but he is handling it like a pro! He is working so hard! I have made him PROMISE not to take this many hours in the spring, so hopefully he won't be too terribly run down by then!
That's about all I have for now. I can't really post more pictures of the gang because I'll need to wait a while before Charlie's appearance is decent again. As many of you know, I recently starting cutting everyone's hair to save money. I had my first "haircutting incident" on poor Charlie! His hair is very short now . . . VERY SHORT (sniff, sniff). He's wearing lots of hats, and that is really fun for him, I hope!
1 comment:
Hey! It sounds like homeschooling is going great! You guys are amazing to juggle everything as well as you have. Just so you know, Wilson prays for you most nights. I love the updates, and I hope you took a picture of Charlie for his scrapbook, at least...
Post a Comment